The Uckfield Chamber of Commerce is a thriving business community in the East Sussex town of Uckfield. The Chamber’s website had become outdated both in terms of design and due to the organisation’s continuing evolution. A new website was needed to provide a modern home to the Chamber’s information and support functionality for both members and visitors.
The Chamber already had strong branding in place, which we reflected in the website’s design. It was also critical to us to ensure that the navigation and functionality of the website was simple and straightforward to use, as not all Chamber members were equally technically experienced.
There was also a need for various pieces of functionality within the website:
- An events listing which the Chamber committee could maintain.
- A blog section, which was also to be self-published.
- A directory of the Chamber members, which needed to be categorised and searchable.
- A secure membership area to allow members to update their business directory listing and to enable the Chamber committee to publish meeting minutes and other information securely.
- A further level of security was needed so that executive committee meeting minutes could be published with only committee members having access to them.
So, all in all, it was a fairly complex website which, nevertheless, needed to be easy to navigate and use.
We are very proud of the site we’ve created for the Uckfield Chamber of Commerce. It’s easy to use whether you are a visitor or a member, and contains ample information about the Chamber and the local area.
The functionality within the site works smoothly and supports the Chamber’s committee in their work and communications.
We’re also pleased to have become associate members of the Chamber of Commerce!
Think it’s fair to say that we are a bit chuffed with our shiny new website.
Uckfield Chamber of Commerce